Thursday 7 October 2010

[ Dan ] - Essex Map Ideas

After the meeting we had on Tuesday, I went about researching the best way to display Essex. I thought that it would be a good idea to show Essex as an entity by itself, that way it is the one and only focal point on the screen, meaning that the audience can't help but be drawn into it.

I looked for some basic outline of Essex, and found this image:


I felt that this was a good representation of Essex, without it being so detailed that it would take masses of work to make it look the same.

I went about tracing out a spline in 3Ds Max, which I then converted into an editable poly. Once I had done this I extruded it out to make it into a wedge. I beveled the top edge of the wedge to give it a more stylized effect.

I think that it looks very characterised and will fit our project well. Here are a few variations of the image.



As the project progresses, I look to add more detail, such as towns and natural land marks such as rivers and forests.

No comments:

Post a Comment