Tuesday 7 December 2010

[ Dan ] - Editing

Because I have had much experience with video editing and cinematography at college, I volunteered to do all of the editing for the group. Once I had received all of the rendered videos from my group members, I was able to begin slicing and placing them on the time line so that they all sat well together as one entity.

Having used Premier Pro last year, I was quite confident in my abilities to create a good video and I feel that I have been able to use the editing software to the best of its ability in making all of our individual elements the best they could be as part as a whole, as well as ironing out any small problems which may have arose.

I also used the editing suite to add some titles to introduce our video subjects at the beginning of the four sections. When creating this, I got good feedback from Tom and Mike who both liked the idea. Due to Simon being ill, I created a splash image for his section not knowing what he would think of it, but with time running out and him nowhere to be found, I think I made the right choice, along with Mike and Tom who pointed out Simon's section would also need a title to not look out of place.

Again, due to Simon being ill for the majority of this week, I have had to edit his video in such a way that I thought would look best. We were also missing one of his scenes, but I think the editing hides this and I am happy with the way that I have managed to end the video.

With the feedback I have received from Mike and Tom, I feel that Elle will really enjoy what we have produced for her and can't wait to show it to her.

Here are the splash images I made for each of the sections:

No comments:

Post a Comment